Parent's Code of Conduct
Your child and their team:
- Be supportive of your child. Cheer them on at all times, especially when they struggle.
- Do not yell at or speak negatively to your child or their teammates in public.
- Do not coach your child or their teammates during a game (unless you are a coach).
- Do not ever let any player feel like they lost the game. The team wins and the team loses.
- Never yell at or speak negatively to an opposing coach, parent or player.
- Do not engage in cheering that could be considered disrespectful to or might interfere with the performance of the opposing team.
- Never yell at, criticize or even offer advice to an umpire (even in a polite manner). Comments should be directed to your coach or a league administrator.
- Never blame the outcome of a game on an umpire. Umpire’s decisions are not always correct, but successful players learn how to overcome those decisions, not use them as excuses.
- Do drop off and pick up your child on time for practices and games.
- Do keep your coach informed about absences or late arrivals that can’t be avoided.
- Do remain off the field and out of the dugout unless you are serving in an official capacity.
- Do help the coach or team parent out by volunteering for team duties. Make sure you are doing your fair share.
- If you are not satisfied with an aspect of your child’s experience, talk to the coach about it at a time he/she can listen. Generally, this is not immediately before or after a game.
- Understand that RYA only happens through the efforts of our volunteers. Be appreciative of their efforts.
- Criticisms should be directed to a Board member or your coach.
- If any confrontation does occur, please step in and act as a peacemaker.
- Never swear.
- Never smoke or drink alcoholic beverages at a game or practice.
- Never threaten, harass, or use foul language to League officials, coaches, or umpires.
- Consequences: Parents that have not lived up to this code of conduct will be prevented from attending games and/or will have their child’s playing privileges suspended, and may be precluded from future participation with RYA.
Player's Code of Conduct
- Listen to and respect the directions of coaches and umpires during all league activities.
- Never argue with or show disrespect towards the umpire or coaches.
- Be positive with your teammates. Don't criticize.
- Do not harass or act disrespectfully towards the opposing team.
- Regularly attend practices and games. When you miss a game or practice, apologize to the coach.
- Be on time (tell your parents this is important to you). If you are late, apologize to your coach.
- Do not throw bats or helmets. These actions can lead to an immediate ejection from a game.
- Do not intentionally hurt another player. This will lead to an immediate ejection from the game, suspension from future games, and/or dismissal from the team.
- Never swear.
- Clean up the dugout after every game. Ask the coach what else you can do to help.
We have read the Pony Codes of Conduct. We understand and agree to live up to this code of conduct.